New! 3DDerby: Design. Print. Race.
COE's Top Gun Competition has been revamped for 2018, with a new challenge for interested competitors to engage in! The format will be similar to a Pinewood Derby, except the cars will not be made of wood - they will be 3D printed! We are currently looking for participants, so please send us an email with your name if you are interested in competing! The competition will launch in January, giving our competitors January-February to design their car models.
From January 16, 2018 until March 2, 2018, you will have the opportunity to complete the challenge from the comfort of your own home or office using the latest 3DEXEPERIENCE platform via the cloud. COE will then have your car 3D printed via the new 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace. Your car will be available at the COE 2018 Annual Experience & TechniFair Conference in April! Racing and judging will be done throughout the conference with prizes given on the final day. You will then bring your creation to the floor of the COE 2018 Annual Experience & TechniFair Conference in April! More information will be available in the coming weeks!
- Email COE HQ your request to compete in the 3DDerby.
- Follow the Competition Guidelines detailing further instructions (designing and modeling details).
- Complete the model within a given design space (sample image below).
- Submit to print
- Race your car at the COE 2018 Annual Experience and TechniFair, happening April 15-18!
- Receive account information
- Download and install 3DX
- Search for “Car 1 Base Template” and open
- Complete Design within given Design Space
- Perform a Boolean remove to remove the Car Base partbody from your Car partbody
- Change the name of the part to include your name and save the model
- Submit to print
- Designs must be completed by March 2, after which COE will submit the designs for printing.
Top Gun XXIX: Cloud Challenge 2016
Steve Roemish, Janicki Industries - Perfect Score
Second Place: Eric Neuville
Third Place: Ben Lucia, Pierce Manufacturing
Prizes included gift cards, complimentary courses at Wichita State University and a two nights stay at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld for the COE 2017 Annual PLM Experience &Technifair, April 23-27, 2017.
Top Gun XXIX Model
Top Gun XXIX Partners
Top Gun XXVIII
|COE Top Gun 2015||Time/strong>||Score|
|1.||Chris Rempe||0:24:27||Perfect Score|
|2||Eric Neuville||0:28:20||Perfect Score|
|3||Ben Lucia||0:28:49||Perfect Score|
Top Gun XXVIII Model