During the COE 2018 Annual Experience & TechniFair, you can connect with other experts, attend keynote presentations from industry leaders, see the latest product developments, and discover solutions to fit your needs – but you can do so much more than that. Take advantage of your time in San Diego to see the sights! Not sure where to start? Check out our top five suggestions below.
- USS Midway Museum. As the longest-serving American aircraft carrier of the 20th century, the USS Midway Museum gives the public a look at history from a new perspective. During this self-guided audio tour, you can explore 60 different exhibits and 29 restored aircrafts with the option of seeking additional information from volunteers stationed around the museum, many of whom are military veterans.
- Cabrillo National Monument. Take in one of the best views of San Diego at the Cabrillo National Monument, located just outside the city at the southernmost tip of Point Loma. Here, you’ll have the option of learning about the history of Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, who was the first European explorer to navigate the coast of California, experiencing the Point Loma Tide Pools, and touring the restored Old Point Lighthouse.
- Maritime Museum of San Diego. At the Maritime Museum of San Diego, you’ll have the opportunity to tour historic vessels, including the world’s oldest active ship, peruse permanent and visiting exhibits, and even set sail on one of the boats. No matter what level of adventure or nautical interest you have, there is sure to be something that satisfies you here.
- Torrey Pines State Reserve. Hike through this oceanfront reserve of unspoiled land at the Torrey Pines State Reserve. Soak up the breathtaking views of the coastline of salt marshes, wildflowers and the reserve’s namesake, the rarest pine tree in America and see what makes this one of the most captivating attractions of San Diego.
- Gaslamp Quarter. After you’ve filled up on educational offerings at COE 2018 check out the 16 blocks of Victorian-style buildings in downtown San Diego known as the Gaslamp Quarter. This neighborhood offers a variety of shops, art galleries, and world-renowned restaurants to suit your mood day or night.