(1) What would it take to use ONLY CATIA for gouge detection? Please do NOT discuss Machine sim... I want to be clear... I am only talking about finding gouges, holder rubs, fast feeds, excess material for roughing.... etc.
(2) As a side question... how important to you is the CATV5 interface. Again... Regular workpice view.... NO MACHING SIMULATION... .I only want to compare Vericut to the CATIA Gouge detection.
(3) A related topoic while talking about the interface ..... Would the lack of a CATV interface for V6, slow you down in any way, if you were close to move to upgrade to V6...... whould that cause you some hesitation in moving to V6? On a scale from one to ten..... how important is the interface to you?
(4) ..... but yes...... G-code is relevant to this topic. Why.... because verification involves the option to verify got the center line file and also MCD. Yep... no Vericut... that means you need Control Emulators.
(5) Finally.... are you aware of the latest evolutions in CATIA Verification? It has improved. Do you know what is new? Would you like a Ask The Expert to see what is new?
This is important so if you are one of the guys that is sitting on the fence..... please get off your butt, and speak up!!!!!!!!!
Thanks in Advance
Dave Frank * Bell Helicopter * Grand Prairie Texas
Advanced Computer Aided Manufacturing Systems Engineer
COE Product Co-Chairman, Digital Numerical Control