I'll probably get mill-turn, machine simulation, and machine builder modules but I am not sure if there are any improvement made in these modules over past few years.
1. Does Z-axis/W-axis retract first and then move to Head-change/Tool-change point? In other words can the order of precedence be set for all axes strokes involved in tool-change? Or is it still the same where it shoots directly to toolchnage/headchange point from the last position.
2. Is there any support for Spindle head indexing? Here is one example I found on the youtube for RB4
3. Is there any new option in Machine builder to solve the over-travel/reach-ability issues for the toolchange? I have posted a related thread somewhere on this forum.
4. Does lathe module automatically recognize cross-section profile from a solid? Or is it still in dinosaur age where user has to create it manually? If so then I have to say even Bobcad does a better job. As of now I use Mastercam for all of my Mill-turn work. But it makes me switch between 2 systems and I want to keep everything in Catia V5.
5. Does Lathe have a standard tool-catalog which can be used out of the box? Or is it still same old stuff where almost every tool has to be made from scratch.
6. Does Lathe have extra options for trapezoidal insert shapes?
7. Sometimes Machine-sim check reach-ability changes the status and MO has to be computed again. Is there any setting for it? Or is it a bug?
8. If user doesn't want to use third party control emulator, are there enough APIs available to write your own control emulator and use it with Catia machine sim?
9. Transition paths: Are there any improvement for the large catprocess files? Or is it just same old stuff only good for very small number of MOs. Is there any option to apply transition path only for selected MOs? Or is it still same old stuff where it will do the whole program?
10. Is there option/settings for collision detection based upon visibility of the component just as you can do in Vericut? I am thinking of writing some rules which can be triggered based upon some PPInstructions inside the Manufacturing Programs. But I am not sure if it is possible.
11. Can additional Mechanisms be added to the Machine such as Workpiece Table comes up in some Horizontal 5-axis machines like SNK?
12. How about a toolchanger simulation for a machine?
13. How about multi-tool multi-spindle support?
14 How about multi-view support? This would be a really nice option where I can see the tool-motion from 2 different views without rotating the views.
15. Edit/modify toolpath in machine-sim: Are there any new improvements?