I'm developping VBA scripts (CATIA V5 R27) to:
- load several DMU and assemblies (one document per DMU / assembly in the same CATIA session).
- perform miscellaneous operations (views import, etc.)
- automate third-party apps (via Windows API, UI Automation, Internet Explorer)
Everything has worked quite well so far, but I encountered the following issues:
- pop-ups such as "Spatial Query Warning" interrupt the script and requires the user to interact (I'm thinking about launching VBScript concurrently to get rid of such dialog boxes). How can I prevent a dialog box (with no inputs) to be displayed?
- some DMU and assemblies take ages to load, reconciliate or even activate terminal nodes. It is possible to safely interrupt a command if a timer exceeds a limit?
- it is possible to keep working on one document (even without using VBA script) while some other DMU / assemblies are being loaded?
I would appreaciate any help on these primarly issues.