When I am in the FT&A workbench, no matter what standard I use I always get dimensions in feet instead of inches. Per ASME Y14.5-2009 Section 1.53 "The U.S. Customary linear unit commonly used on engineering drawings is the decimal inch." Is there a setting for this? Is anyone out there actually using MBD on their models?
The Drafting Standard in use, will need to be customized to obtain the desired outputs. To accomplish this, there will need to be a number of preparations made
- Managed CATIA Environment Created
- Admin Mode CATIA Launch Icon create for that Environment
- Launch CATIA in Admin Mode
- Tools > Standards
- Select Drafting from the drop down
- Modify and Existing or create a new Standard
- Update the 'Styles' values for each Dimension Style Default Values to Modified the Value Format to NUM.DINC, NUM.DIMM or NUM,DIMM
- Defaults will need to be set for each dimension style to accomplish the overall change.
- The modified Dimension standard will need to be referenced by any clients requiring these changes and existing documents utilizing the original standard will need to be updated to pull the new standard to apply the new behaviors