The COE BJ Fries Award of Merit is conferred annually to honor outstanding individuals from COE member companies, who in the judgment of the Honor Awards Committee, have made valued, balanced contributions to the COE professional activities and growth.
The BJ Fries Award of Merit is conferred upon an individual – not the individual’s company. The emphasis is on the person’s accomplishments as an individual rather than his/her company.
Past recipients include:
2017 - Scott Pokriefka
2016 - Ray Anderson
2015 - Kevin Albers & Tim Suhr
2014 - Tom Brown
2013 - Ed Popko, Neil Littell & Roger Joyal
2012 - Colleen Kennedy & Brian Prasad
2011 - Scott Baker, Deepak Manuel & Rich Perlman
2010 - Lee Encapera, Nathan Nalven
2009 - Phil Harrison
2008 - Gary Hornyak
2007 - Tim Enns
2006 - Catherine Bell, William "BJ" Fries & Jeff Toelsin
2005 - Mark Van Horne
2003 - Jim Strawn, Jim Barkelew &Mark Chitjian
2002 - James Cleland, Didier Gaillard, Robert Daniels & Carl "Skip" Seibert
2001 - Soh Sohair VarnHagen2001 - Stephan Lewis2001 - Glenn Norman
2000 - Nancy Rothwell, Al Hoyle & Gene Duncan
1999 - Dave Brock & Rick Marickovich
1998 - John Freyman
1997 - Joe Red, Greg Chaney & Bill Abramson
1996 - Steve Doncov
This award is conferred annually to honor outstanding individual(s) from COE member companies who, in the judgment of the Honor Awards Committee, have made valued, balanced contributions to the COE professional activities and growth. The Award of Merit is conferred upon a member--not the member's company. The emphasis is on the member's accomplishments as an individual rather than his/her company.
1. A nominee must be or have been an employee of a COE Member company in good standing for at least five years during his/her time of service to COE.
2. Only one nomination can be submitted from a Committee per calendar year.
3. Documentation submitted must clearly indicate that the nomination has the approval of a Committee, Community division manager or the Board of Directors and is not merely the work or opinion of the person completing the nomination form. (A list of current COE volunteers can be found on the COE website.)
4. Carry-over Nominations: If a nominee is not selected to receive the Award of Merit in the year of nomination, his/her name can be re-nominated for future consideration.
Balloting Decisions and Actions
1. Only those nominations received on or before February 28, 2018 and accompanied by sufficient data will be considered. Supply all the supporting data called for on the nomination form. Do not be too brief. Since many nominations are considered each year, the COE Honor Awards committee needs ample background history. A truly worthy candidate may be passed over if the information submitted is too scantly.
2. Valid nominations received after February 28, 2018 deadline will be held for consideration in the subsequent years' award.
3. Decisions of the committee are confidential and final.
4. Nominators whose candidates are not selected will be so informed and offered the opportunity to update their nominations for the following year.
BJ FRIES AWARD OF MERIT
This award is conferred annually to honor a number of outstanding individual COE members who have made valued, balanced contributions to the organization's professional activities and growth.