Ok, I'll try messing with the settings folder.
I don't think there is anything in the world that pisses me off as much a Catia. Really... the government, bad drivers, mosquitoes... I hate catia more than all of them.
This was really hard to understand but it worked great once I figured out what you were driving at. #8 should be in the place of #5 because after creating a new variable I couldn't figure out what the name was supposed to be until I read the whole thing. The formatting being screwed up didn't help.
1) open application XP > Desktop > my Computer > Local
Disk (C > Programs > Dassault Systems > B14 > intel_a
> code > bin > CATIAENV.exe.
OR from start menu Catia>Environment Editor V5RXX ---> Run As Administrator
2) Dilogbox appears answer "yes" (This environment is used by CATENV. Do you want to modify it?)
3) Dilogbox appears answer "OK" (WARNING: As Administrator you can create, modify and delete global variables)
4) right click on the lower subwindow chose "New Variable" (Will be greyed out unless ran as administrator)
Name: CATWidthMMOfScreen Value: 500
Name: CATHeightMMOfScreen Value: 250
The default Catia v5 screen ratio is 1.25 : 1. The two Numbers 800 and 500 describe the screen ratio and the size of the Tree an the Compass. 800 : 500 = 1.6 : 1, this gives a small size Tree and Compass. 500 : 250 = 2 : 1, this gives a bigger Tree and Compass.
Conclusion: The lower the ratio, the smaller Tree and Compass will be.
5) Close the Environment Editor, restart Catia the Problem should be solved
Thanks for the help. Hopefully this is useful for others.
Mike Dubya[Subscriber Members] @ Jan 22, 2022 - 01:48 PM (Pacific/Pitcairn)
Mike Dubya[Subscriber Members] @ Jan 22, 2022 - 01:58 PM (Pacific/Pitcairn)
Mike Dubya[Subscriber Members] @ Jan 22, 2022 - 02:00 PM (Pacific/Pitcairn)