The Impact Analysis app offers impacts onto an item and the objects that are impacted by that item.
In 21x, Impact Analysis is considered a "deprecated app" although it still functions as a visual representation to present impacts (affected items, where used, etc.). In 21x, a warning, when opening the app, states to "use the Relations command instead." The Impact Analysis app functions as 19x does - only with the warning on opening.
- The Impact Analysis app shows impacts for 3D Parts, Physical Products, Engineering Doc's, and etc. This functions similar to other PDM/PLM software Where Used functionality - only in a visual interface only.
- Impact Analysis offers the ability to see an Items impacts but has no way to export to a spreadsheet or see as list.
- The Relations app "command" offers a visual aid for parent children and various relations, similar to Impact Analysis app, but has no way to export to a spreadsheet or see as list.
- The Relations App does not work for Engineering Documents such as tables which have items that use them for parameters.
- What is the best way to query Where Used 3D Parts, Physical Products, Engineering Doc's, and etc, and export them to a spreadsheet or list? Is there a specific App Web or Native?
- If Impact Analysis is eventually going to go away as an app offering in future releases, how does one find the impacts (Where Used) of Engineering Documents?
Any assistance is appreciated in advance - I'm somewhat new to 3Dexperience and Catia but versed in many other CAD, PLM, and PDM software as admin and user.