I'm currently working on assemblies with a lot of piping components and i would like to have your ideas for the best way on "Constraining" the components together.
I have attached a picture of a simple assembly. My requirements are:
- Use VB-Script to do the "Constraining". (Constraints are not required)
- Able to rotate component independently from other components. E.G. Part A (see picture) needs to be rotated 90°. it does not matter if it's clockwise or counterclockwise as longs it's consistent. Meaning if the picture shows the 0° position, it should always be positioned this way when entering 0°. I hope you get my point.
What i have done:
- A DesignTable/CSV holds the "Constrain" information E.G.
PartA; Connection 1; PartB; Connection 2; Same/Opposit;Rotation Angle
- DesignTable to hold the information of which parts to instantiate from ARM Catalog
- I create coincidence constraints between two points on the center axis. This centers the two parts and i can control the orientation. (Same/Opposite)
- Then i create and angle constraint between two planes i call
"Rotation". This is my problem, since i don't have control over the
rotation axis. E.G if one create an angle constraint between the ZX
plane on an axisSystem on both parts, would it rotate around the
x-Axis or the Z-Axis.?
So maybe i should replace the Angle Constraint and use the ".Move" to rotate the part around a referenced axis..? I just don't know how to reference the rotation axis to my rotation Matrix.
Anyways, let me know if you have questions, suggestions or in any way could guide me in the right direction..